If you’re looking to establish healthy patterns of interaction, couples therapy can help you and your partner build practices to manage the challenges that you face together.
Couples counseling can help turn crises in relationship into opportunities to learn more about one another, yourself in relationship and the dynamic between you,
One of my commitments as a couples therapist is to engage in this work with you as a neutral party who can help you forge new ways of approaching problems that balance both partners’ experiences and expectations.
Separation, Divorce and Blended Families
Couples therapy can also help separating partners to:
- Articulate their reasons for wanting to end a relationship
- Explore the strengths in their differences
- Grieve the loss of the relationship
- Establish and strengthen healthy boundaries
- Plan for how to co-parent together in the most beneficial way for each person, including children in the family.
- Forge healthy communication practices with all members of the changing family constellation.